IMP provides you with the solid foundation and skills you need to develop effective and motivating group and personal training programs. This course teaches you to design and teach the Level 1 (Essential and Intermediate) Matwork repertoire, integrating small equipment to add variety and meet the specific needs of your clients. In addition to the general course objectives, you will learn:
- Workout composition for personal and group training
- Essential, Intermediate, Power workouts Flex-Band, Fitness Circle and Arc Barrel workouts
- Effective communication and observational skills, verbal cueing and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation
- Modifications for specific body types, postural issues and conditions
- How to incorporate resistance equipment to support and intensify exercises
- Theory and practice of postural analysis
- Exercise layering related to effective program design
- 63 exercises plus multiple modifications
- Working knowledge of functional anatomy
- 30 hours pilates classes
- Three-plus years teaching movement or fitness
- 40 hours instruction & supervised teaching
- Minimum 10 hours observation
- Minimum 30 hours physical review
- Minimum 15 hours practice teaching
- Conducted over 2 weeks or 3 weekends
- Total: 95 hours
Observation, practice teaching & physical review
A minimum number of hours of observation, practice teaching and physical review are required for all courses and should be completed between instructed sessions at any STOTT PILATES® facility. Additional training may be required before certification. Practice teaching and physical review hours must be logged outside of class time. The practice logs must be submitted on your exam date (either written or practical exam). If the student fails to submit all the logs within 7 days from the last portion of the exam, the entire exam will be void.
Includes watching sessions taught by a STOTT PILATES Certified Instructor or relevant STOTT PILATES videos.
Means physically performing the exercises learned in class. Taking a class with a STOTT PILATES Certified Instructor or working out with video can qualify as physical review hours, and can be completed individually or with other students.
Practice teaching Hours can be fulfilled by instructing family, fellow students, friends or clients.
Note: There are no hours required for Injuries & Special Populations or Advanced Level courses.
Continuing Education Credits
STOTT PILATES 4.0